Thursday, August 7, 2014

the favorites | july 2014



Hello, all!

I apologize for my lack of consistent posting this week. I've had family- and school-related obligations. Fortunately, I'm now back on track!

So, without any further ado, let's talk July favorites.

makeup


July in the South is fairly sweltering, so whenever I wear a full face, I can't go wrong with NARS Pure Radiant tinted moisturizer. I currently own the shade Terre Neuve, which isn't quite pink enough for me, but it blends well enough that you can't really tell. The Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelée in Poppy Paradise has acted in much the same way, giving me a sheer, bright blush. To set everything in place, I've been reaching for the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Ethereal Light, as always. This also works well with the Wayne Goss method.

On my lips, I've been sporting this deluxe sample of the Laura Mercier lip glacé in Rose, which I received in a points perk from Sephora. Although I'm not the biggest fan of shimmer, the formula isn't sticky, and the color enhances the natural color of my lips just enough to look effortlessly pretty.

After a brief stint of believing I'd lost it, my friend Kyle found my Maybelline Volum' Express Colossal Pumped Up! mascara hiding in my couch—I kid you not. I'm very glad he did: it's very volumizing very quickly. Don't buy into the "double shot" marketing nonsense, but do try this if you want long, full lashes. Finally, on my eyelids themselves, I've been sporting Mother of Dragons from Shiro's Seven Kingdoms collection. Although it's intimidating in the baggie, when applied, it transforms into a sultry, shimmery burgundy that brings out the green in my eyes. Its only real failing is its lack of lasting power, but I hope to remedy that with Darling Girl Glitter Glue in the near future.

skincare


My skin doesn't like summer very much. Between the heat, humidity, and constant switches in between, I don't blame it. Fortunately, the Stridex Maximum Strength pads have helped keep my skin in check. Soaked in beta hydroxy acids, these pads balance the pH of my skin in the morning and act as a chemical exfoliant, which makes them useful for the keratosis pilaris on my arms as well. Another product that my face has been enjoying this month is the elusive Antipodes Aura manuka honey mask. At once soothing, hydrating, and cleansing, this has pampered my skin.

nails


Although I didn't document it, Essie's Watermelon graced my nails at the beginning of the month. Since I bought it while studying abroad, every time I use this polish, I wonder why the US doesn't have the wide brushes of Essie's UK diffusion line. With the wider brush, it applies smoothly and quickly for a nearly gel-like coat of hot pink-red. I'll have to paint my nails with it again this August: it's summer in a bottle!

What have been your favorite products this month?

2 comments:

  1. A few July faves:
    Josie Maran Argan Milk
    Etsy coffee scrub.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so convinced
    that Josie Maran can do
    no wrong for my face.

    ReplyDelete